What is our order process?
All of our wheelchairs start with a conversation. We want to know what you want to do in your new wheelchair, where you want to go in your new wheelchair and how you want to get there? Then, we want to know more. How do you use your wheelchair? How do you transfer in and out of your wheelchair? What do you love about different wheelchairs you've used in the past? What do you want to do that you are not able to do now in your wheelchair and why? Our goal is not to take you and fit you into our wheelchairs, our goal is to build you a tool that uniquely addresses your needs.
The general steps are as follows:
- Step 1: We talk. At this stage we are tying to understand what type of wheelchair you want, crossfit, basketball, tennis, off-road, everyday sport chair, etc. We are also trying to determine what general features you want in your new chair. For example, do you want carbon fiber everything or do you want a gold plated dream wheelchair. And yes, we have been asked about gold plating. It can be done but, to say it is costly, is an understatement!
- Step 2: Price and Time-frame. Our goal at this point is to give you a price based on the features, parts, style, and materials we've discussed with you. This allows you to make some decisions. If you decide to move forward, we will do a fitting and get measurements. If not, we thank you for sharing your time with us.
- Step 3: Design. We get on the computer and custom design your wheelchair.
- Step 4: Down payment. We ask for 50% down to start a project and the rest due upon delivery of the chair.
- Step 5: We build your wheelchair. As we do so, you will get pictures and updates on the build. We will also get your input in the small details that will make it your wheelchair.
- Step 6: Delivery. You will be in informed in advance when we will be done with your wheelchair so you can schedule a time to pick it up or when it will be ready to ship to you. Any balance on the account will need to be paid before we deliver or ship.