We created a high-quality bearing line designed for wheelchairs. We wanted to create the smoothest ride for the longest time between service. To do that we focused on the causes of wheelchair bearing breakdown. Water is a wheelchair’s worst enemy, outside narrow-minded people. Our bearings have been designed to mitigate water at every turn. First, we use rubber seals instead of metal. Metal seals have to have big gaps to keep them from creating metal on metal friction. Second, our rubber seals have 2 lips instead of one which is better at keeping water out. Third, we use very high-quality standards and materials, ABEC-5 to be precise. Fourth, we use high performance, water-resistant grease, Multemp SRL. The grease is designed to be very stable and smooth in a very wide temperature band and has a number of water-resistant additives.
The bearings are designed to handle harsh environments and keep on working. Each of our Bearing Kits comes with 4x high-quality bearings, 2x cotton swabs for cleaning and removing any old grease, 2x acetone wipes to clean hubs before re-greasing them, 1x high-quality grease packet to add an anti-seize bearer between the bearing and the hub, and a step by step instruction booklet to make sure you are on track. More zoom less squeak.
Compatible with the following wheelchair products with Invacare bearing number 40117X024:
- Invacare U2222C Corded Urethane 24 x 1" (9 Spoke) 7/16 Axle
- Invacare 1763BK Pneumatic 20x1-2/8" 7/16 Axle
- Invacare U1763BK Urethane 20x1-1/4" 7/16" Axle
- Invacare 1764BK Pneumatic 22x103/8" 7/16" Axle
- Invacare U1764BK Pneumatic 22 x 1-1/4" 7/16" Axle
- Invacare U2222 Urethane 24 x 1" (9 Spoke) (Before & After 11/99) 7/16" Axle
- Invacare 2244BK Pneumatic 24 x 1-3/8" 7/16" Axle
- Invacare U2244BK Urethane 24 x 1-1/4 (7 Spoke) 7/16" Axle
- Invacare 4244BK Pneumatic w/ Flat Free Insert 24 x 1-3/8" 7/16" Alex
- Invacare 4763BK Pneumatic w/ Flat Free Insert 20 x 1-3/8" 7/16" Alex
- Invacare 4764BK Pneumatic w/ Flat Free Insert 22 x 1-3/8" 7/16" Alex
- Invacare 5244BK Composite Pneumatic w/ Flat Free 24 x 1-3/8" (Before 9/2003) 7/16" Alex
- HTR Tilt/Recline Wheels 12", 20", 24"
- Veranda Rear Wheel 7/16" Axle
- Youthmobile 3000 Rear Wheel
Compatible with the following wheelchair products with Drive products with Invacare bearing number STDS3J2413:
- Drive Chrome Sport Full-Reclining Rear Wheel
- Drive Blue Streak Rear Wheel
- Drive Cruiser III Rear Wheel
- Drive Silver Sport 1 Rear Wheel
- Improper removal or installation of bearings can permanently damage casters, rear-wheel hubs, or caster stems. Please use caution when using brute force.
- Make sure you know the size and types of bearings on your wheelchair and buy the right sizes.